Saturday, August 25, 2012

Job hunting....inspiration


I am job hunting...we all know how fun that is; the highs of getting through the first pass, and the lows of either or applying and applying and applying...and then ultimately rejection. I hear men deal with rejection better than women, but perhaps that is a whole other blog.




Everyday I struggle with finding inspiration because "it just wasn't meant to be" is no longer working for me, when will it be "meant to be????"

Yesterday I thought to reach out to a site I have been following for a while which I find to be interesting, educational and well, right up my alley, Positive Psychology News. I found this article by Gail Schneider about grit and being mindful: http://positivepsychologynews.com/news/gail-schneider/200904231820  I believe I have grit, the determination to succeed at everything I put my mind to.  But I also realized at a time  like this I need to take a moment to be mindful.

It is just as critical to our success to let the work we have done actually have a chance to work, we need to step back and let things happen. During that time we can enjoy life in the moment rather than always thinking "what next".

The next time you feel like a salmon, swimming up stream, step back and be mindful. Life will be more enjoyable and we may be surprised on how things just happen without us stressing over them (at least I hope so, keep your fingers crossed for me!).

Anyone else hunting for work? How are you handling rejection?

No comments:

Post a Comment