Friday, August 3, 2012

Supply and Demand, the concept never ceases to amaze me, particularly when you are referring to "vintage". My mom and I were discussing Golden Books (she had been at an estate sale), and we were trying to remember where mine were. I do have some books (Golden and Elf) that after discussion I took from our family cottage as we are cleaning it out to rebuild it. So I decided to find out what I had....Oh My....
When I found out the price of this one:

I was shocked, its a book....and actually not my favorite. I laughing told my mom I could tell which the favorite was as it was  in the worse condition, "The Puppy that Found a Home"

 and then I found out what that one would go for.....

And it made me think how amazing it is that the saying one person's junk is another's treasure is so true. While these books are not junk to me as they hold precious memories, I would never pay more than $5 for one, maybe, just to bring back that memory. But, others might, and that's what makes supply and demand such an amazing thing. You never know when some piece of junk just might become popular and therefore expensive.

Are there any "vintage" things you have just for the memories and would be amazed if you found out they were worth some cash? What would you pay for an item that brought back memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment