Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I love the Toad the Wet Sprocket song, "I will not take these things for granted",  it speaks to me each time.


It reminds me to look around and appreciate all that I have. It is especially true today as I am unemployed. There are many journeys in life and what this journey is teaching me and, what Toad reminds me to do, is to not take my family, friends and acquaintances for granted. I have friends that are great at keeping in touch with EVERYONE and that amazes me. Because of this journey it is something I will strive to do. I want to do this because I am amazed at how wonderful everyone has been through all this. I have reached out to people that I thought for sure would be saying "yes I will help you" but not really mean it. Not that they are bad people, but it wasn't as if we were best friends either, so they really don't owe me anything. But they still put out their hands and have helped me through this. And then there are my friends, all I can say is wow....the support has been overwhelming. From making introductions for me to providing aversions when I needed them, to just believing in me. Finally but certainly not least important was my family, I have once again had to go to them with my hand out, and this time at no fault of my own, and they have graciously supported me (and yes I know I am lucky I have a family that can, believe me, I know).



So, I vow that in return I will not take these things for granted, I will work harder at keeping in touch with every person I touch and create some sort of relationship with. I will also do my best to pay it forward anytime I am given the opportunity.

Its a good reminder isn't it? Are you on a personal journey and what has it taught you to not take for granted?



No comments:

Post a Comment