Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Welcome and how the heck do you involve sales channel partners?

Hiya, welcome to my blog on anything customer. Currently this tends to lean towards anything social media, but not always.

Quick background, I have been customer focused since I can remember, and you can blame my mother for that (believe it or not). Even when I look back at my MBA project it was all about customer experience and community building (back in 1997!). Currently I am working on anything customer. This can include anything from voice of customer projects, social media, Web 2.0,  to looking at ways to improve our internal business processes using various software offerings. If we improve on the inside it will usually show in our interactions on the outside.

What is currently fascinating me is channel partners. The way this current partnership functions seems very archaic to me. This is mine, that is yours and no sharing allowed. So I am wondering how we can potentially move that partnership to the more sharing world we are now working in.

I believe it needs to start internally, the sharing that is. Those collaboration tools need to easily extend to our partners. It still may be a "slow boat" process, but if we start to open up, I believe that, like with most humans, our partners will start to do the same.

It's worth a go at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment